|Job Ref:||204743980||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
NES Global Talent is currently looking for a Commissioning Topsides Lead for long term contract work with a Global Operator. The role will be based offshore in the North Sea and the client is looking for someone with proven leadership qualities.|
The role of the Comm Topsides Lead - Gas Delivery is to lead a team of multi discipline Engineers, Technicians and Vendors in the preparation and execution of commissioning activities in order to deliver all Gas systems to Operations in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule.
- Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained. Perform as a safety leader through auditing, setting and exhibiting the highest standards.
- Candidate will be required to intervene or have appropriate conversations with team members around safe work practices if required.
- Shall notify supervision of all unsafe acts, near misses and incidents.
- Team member is required to lead by example with regards to company`s HSE policy.
Planning Phase Responsibilities:
- Verification of procedures, tools and materials requirements for execution of the Gas Systems offshore commissioning.
- Liaison with construction team and vendors to ensure adequate preparation for execution of the offshore commissioning activities.
- Work with procurement team to initiate vendor support work releases for commissioning support during execution.
- Take leadership role during execution of Gas system commissioning procedures.
- Assure rigorous implementation of approved Commissioning Procedures, Method Statements and System Dynamic Commissioning Procedures.
- Attend mechanical completion and system handover joint walk downs as required.
- Responsible for reviewing work permits and acting as the Issuing Authority.
- Attend daily PTW / SIMOPS meeting and provide input / comments as required.
- Provide daily feedback as to commissioning status and generate weekly activity report along with a 2 week / 4 week look ahead.
- Facilitate meetings as required and represent the Gas Delivery commissioning team at other project team meetings.
- Manage closeout of punch list items for Gas systems.
- Review and progress material deficiencies that affect safe and efficient commissioning activities.
- Work closely with the Vendor coordinator to schedule vendor requirements for commissioning tasks.
- Progress and maintain job carding system and reporting.
- Ensure that preservation and maintenance on equipment is correctly identified and is being carried out in accordance with Preservation Procedure.
- Ensure all relevant As-Built Drawings / Documents are marked up by the Gas Systems commissioning team as defined in project As-Built Procedure
Experience / Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive experience in Commissioning of offshore Gas Systems on Oil and Gas Major Projects. Additional experience Rotating Equipment would also be an advantage.
- Previous experience of leadership roles in execution of Gas System commissioning with multi discipline teams and vendors.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment, systems and utilities for offshore Gas systems.
- Previous experience with GoCompletions or equivalent completions management process and system.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients