|Job Ref:||204743904||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£26364 - £30420/annum £26364 - £30420 + overtime||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
CNC TURNER / PROGRAMMER - FANUC CONTROLS - £26364 - £30420 + OVERTIME (EQUIVALENT TO £13 - £15 PER HOUR) - BASED HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM|
This company is a progressive medium sized engineering company based at a purpose built factory near Birmingham city centre. It designs, manufactures and assembles precision components, machine tools and associated work station fixtures for the aerospace, automotive and nuclear industries. It has invested heavily in new machinery including state of the art CNC technology and the role is varied and interesting.
You will be offered a good basic salary of £26364 - £30420 (equivalent to £13-£15 per hour) based on a 39 hour week with regular paid overtime (time and a half) and an annual profit related bonus. Core hours are Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am - 3.00pm.
MAIN DUTIES - CNC TURNER / PROGRAMMER
Reporting to the Works Manager, you`ll be responsible for producing small batch work with quantities between 1 and 10. Specifically you`ll be:
- Programming Fanuc machining centres in a sub contract environment
- Producing components to drawing tolerance and specifications accurately
- CNC turning and programming
- CNC setting and operating
Machines include Puma Doosan/MAZAK Horizontal Lathes, as well as larger vertical lathes.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE - CNC TURNER / PROGRAMMER
To be successful you must:
- Have significant demonstrable track record of CNC programming, setting and operating within a busy manufacturing environment
- Be a fully competent CNC programmer - ideally with Fanuc programming experience
- Experience in reading complex engineering drawings and using modern inspection equipment.
- Experience in aerospace, oil and gas subcontract environment is preferred
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality control
- Proven capability to work using your own initiative
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.