|Job Ref:||204743728||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Ellington||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Place of work: Ellington, Cambridgeshire|
Hours of work: To Suit Business Needs
Mick George is a leading supplier with the construction industry. The phenomenal growth year on year is creating opportunities for new talent joining our business - this truly is an exciting place to be!
We embrace new technologies to work smarter and we invest in the professional development of our people and the approach adopted throughout the business is to encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations.
Due to continued success and expansion, our busy engineering function is now currently recruiting for a Plant Maintenance Manager. The main purpose of this role is: motivate and develop the site maintenance team (Plant fitters and welders). Manage all resources related to maintenance to control costs and manage budgetary constraints.
About the Role
• Responsibility for developing a positive and proactive Environmental, Health and Safety culture throughout the maintenance team including ensuring compliance with all EHS procedures (Including correct use of PPE, Incident recording, and quality standards are followed).
• Build upon relationships with maintenance team to facilitate timely reporting of active issues and planning maintenance in order to reduce downtime.
• Efficiently manage requests to change or upgrade plant/quarry equipment.
• Lead team by example, demonstrating commitment and strong work ethic.
• Identify and implement improvement, cost saving and sustainable opportunities.
• Ensure maintenance team members have relevant skills to address all plant and equipment issues.
• Maintain PPM systems and breakdown systems.
• Ensuring your team perform to the standards demanded by the company, escalating any issues as necessary, including disciplinary action and identifying training requirements.
Key Skills and Experience
• Excellent man-management skills.
• Experienced in managing a multi-function team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Heavy Plant & Quarry machinery.
• Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship or hold a recognised engineering qualification/ be time served in a similar role.
• Be able to participate in hands on fault finding and repairs when required.
• To have a 'hands on' approach to work, with the ability to be flexible to meet business demands
• A Health & Safety qualification would be advantageous.
Mick George Ltd (MGL) is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all. The company seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community at large and values the individual's contribution irrespective of sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin