|Job Ref:||204743722||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Associate (Designate) Structural Engineer|
Our client is actively recruiting for a Structural Engineer who has the potential to become an Associate within the medium term. The workload consists of retail new build schemes as well as working on repair and refurbishment work for projects as a result of insurance claims.
The role would suit chartered or near chartered structural engineer who is hands on but wants to take a lead on project to work within the Leeds office. The role will involve working with established teams to manage/assist an existing client base, predominantly within the retail, insurance and health sectors with a view to expanding a team-leading role managing a wide portfolio of work in due course.
The successful candidate will have:
* An innate understanding of structural engineering
* All round experience in building structures including load bearing masonry and framed structures
* Proven UK design experience utilising British Standards/Eurocodes
* Chartered or near Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE
* Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in most common materials i.e. steel, concrete, composite, masonry and timber
* Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of report writing essential
* Good grasp of detailing
* Experience of coaching and briefing CAD technicians and less experienced engineers
* Experience of site inspections/surveys essential
* Experience of meetings/communications with clients and other professionals essential and a confident manner in dealing with them
* Self-motivation and be capable of supporting/working within an existing team
* Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements
This role has considerable potential for future promotion within the company. Salary will be a competitive package, commensurate with experience. Benefits include company pension, private healthcare and generous business mileage rate also provided.
For more information please contact Sam Smith on the details attached
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business