|Job Ref:||204743483||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falmer||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Lead Civil Engineer - Falmer|
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world`s top talent appeals to you, then this opportunity is right for you.
Our client are searching for a Lead Design Engineer - Water to join our team on a permanent basis in Falmer. The role will be based in our Falmer office collated with Southern Water working as part of a water or wastewater treatment works design team on our clients Contracts.
- Lead a team carrying out investigations, surveys, design, engineering calculations and preparation of working drawings and estimates for waste and water treatment schemes.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with key members of the client`s asset management, delivery and operations teams.
- Work with Process, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers to develop designs
- Work with CAD team to produce drawings and 3D models
- Engage with stakeholders as required
- Engage with Operations staff as required
- Engage with Suppliers as required
- Produce designs to Southern Water asset standards
- Help present proposals to the client and for internal governance
Qualifications Person Specification
-Strong project management skills
- Chartered Engineer
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Proven post graduate experience in the water industry
- Experience in the design and construction of wastewater and/or water treatment works
- Confident with the preparation and use of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications
- Computer literate
- Good client service focus
- Experience in a self-managed role
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients