|Job Ref:||204743434||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow-In-Furness||Address:||Post Code:||LA13||Salary:||£41.75/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
A Project Manager with Earned Value experience is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Project Manager Contract role
To define, plan, direct and delivery projects or sub-projects, with appropriate guidance, which meet both customer and business requirements. May manage projects or sub-projects or be responsible for part of a project portfolio.
My client is looking for a Project Manager to:
* Support bid and tendering processes to ensure bids meet customer needs, in line with business & commercial criteria that all risks are assessed effectively, and that bids are realistic and winnable
* Develop commercially viable project definitions to form a basis for developing and prioritising project plans.
* Develop and maintain coherent, fully integrated and workable project plans and budgets. Develop resource plans and liaise with all stakeholder functions.
* Develop accurate estimates in support of bids, annual budgets or cost to completion, and analyse "spend to date" data.
* Control, Monitor and Manage assigned projects or sub-projects, using techniques such as Earned Value, so that they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues so that the project is delivered to plan.
* Develop and maintain relationships with customers to meet customer requirements, and lead in swift resolution of major issues.
* Ensure that activities on assigned projects are co-ordinated with related projects and functional activities so that delays are avoided.
* Lead, develop (utilising tools such as PDR) and motivate any reporting and assigned staff through good communication and honest open management techniques in keeping with the company values
* Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project/ programme delivery
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Project Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)