|Job Ref:||204743416||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Stonehouse||Address:||Post Code:||ML9||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
We have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our successful and well-established client based near Stonehouse, Gloucestershire. |
To carry out engineering maintenance, to significantly improve and ensure maximum performance and reliability of all plant and equipment at the site
To participate with the Operations Manager to define, implement and manage a risk based maintenance strategy for the site so as to meet the business, Safety, Environmental, Financial and Operational objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
1. Participate in the control of all aspects of engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives.
2. Participate in the maintenance strategy for the site in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
3. Implement the maintenance strategy on a day-to-day basis, including routine, special and stop period maintenance, and to participate in the development and implementation of capital activities.
4. Assist by ensuring that COMAH, Health & Safety and Environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
5. Identify and action areas for engineering improvement, whilst maintaining an appropriate level of availability and reliability of the equipment concerned.
6. Contribute to training requirements and consider training plans.
7. Assist in the provision of engineering budgets, forecasts and plans.
8. Undertake any other reasonable task as required.
9. Ensure down time does not exceed 2% per week and that routine, special and stop period maintenance is completed on time.
10. Proactively participate and comply with the Quality Management System in order to achieve the necessary accreditation.
11. Participate in an alternate week callout system on a 24 hour, seven day a week basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1. Requires an expert understanding of maintenance and engineering processes and
2. Requires knowledge and understanding of COMAH.
3. Will be Engineer qualified (or a minimum of 5 years experience) in a process, technical or
4. Will be familiar with computerised maintenance management systems, and a knowledge of
a PPM system would be advantageous
5. Plant specific aspects include, heavy mechanical & electrical equipment, instruments, material handling plant and contract services.
Wavelength Recruitment are acting as an Employment Business and all suitable candidates can expect a call from an experienced recruiter within 48 hours of receipt who will be able to fully brief you on the role and company