|Job Ref:||204743395||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Ealing||Address:||Post Code:||UB6||Salary:||£14 - £17/hour Depending on Experience||Post Date:||28/10/2016 02:14|
Job Title: Commercial Gas Operative|
Reports To: Commercial Gas Supervisor
Salary: £14.00ph - £17.00ph (Depending on level of experience)
Package: Company Van & Fuel Card, PDA, Uniform, Company Pension, 28 Days Annual Leave (inc Bank Holidays), T Brown Group Lifestyle Benefits
As part of a heating maintenance team you will be expected to service and repair various boilers and associated controls/equipment within the plant room. You will be able to carry out fault finding and repairs within the dwellings in client properties. You will be customer focused, with good communication skills, and carry out your work in a professional manner and to a high standard in compliance with and in accordance with current regulation / legislation.
NATURE & SCOPE:
T Brown Group is a property maintenance, installation, organisation, which specialises in servicing of gas central heating and hot water services to private, commercial landlords and industrial property owners of all kind.
• To work alongside a team of operatives who service, repair, maintain and install gas appliances and all associated fittings within client owned Boiler and plant rooms, carry out repairs within dwelling to maintain heating and hot water in accordance with client wishes and current industry guidelines.
• Main duties include servicing, general repair/maintenance of breakdowns of gas appliances and central heating systems of client premises.
• Have a sound knowledge of our industry
• Ensure the correct resources and materials are supplied for each job.
• Ensure the security and correct operation of plant and equipment supplied, to include vehicles, flue gas analysis meters and mobile data equipment i.e. PDA's.
• Ensure all certification and documentation is completed accurately and in accordance with Data Protection and Information Security regulations.
• Have a high level of literacy and numeracy.
• Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis.
• The ability to stay focused and the mental concentration to follow a problem through to a satisfactory outcome.
• Possess the ability to deal with potentially angry or upset people and be able to cope with the emotional demands dealing with such situations could cause.
• Willing and able to work as part of a team and independently showing initiative dealing with situations and completing tasks.
• To effectively communicate with the team and clients to explain the correct operation of gas appliances and the importance of regularly servicing gas appliances
• Ability to work to deadlines and timescales
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Contract Supervisor or Manager.
• This is an overview of your main duties and not an exhaustive list
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
All relevant Commercial ACS Gas Qualifications Essential
Energy Efficiency Desirable
DAH1, Unvented Hot Water, WRAS (water supply regulations 1999)
Excellent organisation and Time management skills Desirable
Previous experience in diagnosing faults on Commercial gas appliances
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
Full driving licence Essential
Excellent communication skills Essential
Able to manage change Essential
Able to work alone and within a team Essential
Keeping up to date technically and applying new knowledge to your role