|Job Ref:||204743127||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing Company with a global client base.|
To champion and lead quality related activities at Sheffield and embed continuous improvement activities into day to day activities
* Maintaining the Quality system in line with the company policy, customer, and national standards- ISO 9001 & API Q1.
* Lead the Quality function at Sheffield to embed continuous improvement methodologies into day to day activities
* Analyse and improve current processes by establishing relevant metrics an KPI
* Manage the internal audit schedule, coordinate and conduct audits.
* Coordination of customer related complaints.
* Internal & supplier NCR disposition.
* Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance , measuring against set KPI
* Coordination of concessions.
* Provide technical and quality support to the Technical Manager and Sales Departments with respect to enquiries and orders, ensuring we have the capability to meet customer requirements.
* Support the Technical Manager through raising and managing manufacturing plan approvals, and chairing pre-production meetings as required by the Technical Manager.
* Management of the ASL
* Supplier auditing and witnessing of subcontract activities as required by the Technical Manager.
* Liaise with purchasing staff & the Technical Manager to establish quality requirements to be placed on external suppliers
* Coordination of customer and third party Quality Audits.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Exposure to a lean manufacturing environment with emphasis on visual communication methodologies.
* Participated in, but ideally led quality improvement initiatives
* Managerial or supervisory experience.
* Idealy have awareness of oil & gas or aersopace manufacturing sector requirements particularly OEM specific requirements and specifications.
* Understanding of NDE methods and limits
* Knowledge of forging processes- in particular open die, hammer forging and ring rolling.
* Good computer and IT skills, with experience of Quality systems such as Microsoft, Q-Pulse, E-Max or other ERP system and HSE.
* Excellent communication skills combined with a belief in professionalism and customer focus.
* Organisational and time management skills with the ability to work in a busy environment.
* Take decisions and responsibility for making them
* An aptitude for analysis with numerical and statistical ability
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business