|Job Ref:||204739362||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Ultrasonic Device Development Engineer|
Carbon60 are working with a leading developer of Test Products. These products are ultrasonic devices used to carry out condition monitoring on a variety of products. New materials are allowing them to develop devices to work at extremely high temperature. They are looking for an Ultrasonic Device Development Engineer to join and add their expertise to the product team, together you will build the next generation of Ultrasonic test devices.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and practical skills with ultrasonic device development, they are open to seeing candidates who have worked in areas outside of testing. The successful candidate could come from an industrial position or a recent graduate with expertise in Ultrasonic devices.
* Design, deploy and test ultrasonic devices (sensors, transducers) for demanding environment applications, with a thorough understanding of and experience in ultrasonic transducer physics, assembly - including electronic matching network - interconnects and packaging.
* Ability to contribute to modelling and simulating acoustic/piezoelectric devices, for example, using Matlab, beam tracing tools, and FEA
* Contribute to electronic tools strategy.
* Deploy knowledge of manufacturing techniques, assembly, and applicability to designs.
* Contribute to guiding a developing team in construction of ultrasonic tools.
* Project management of client facing and internal projects
* Relevant industry experience or PhD in an ultrasonic/acoustics discipline.
* Experience working in technical teams.
* Track record of development of leading edge products and/or publications and patents
* Strong analytical skills.
* Experience in product development from conception to release.
* Experience in signal processing, software engineering would be an advantage.
* Experience in high temperature/high pressure devices.
* Experience of device design to intrinsic safety standards.
Much more information about this role is available by contacting Ben Hastings on (Apply online only)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency