|Job Ref:||204739311||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Competitive + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
As a Non Conformance Authority (NCA) Engineer in Bristol, you will play a critical role in our defence division by being responsible for sentencing the impact associated with non-compliance to the manufacturing drawings. You will ensure variations from the design intent are safely accepted, and that the process is correctly followed. This is a chance for you to work closely with our project teams as well as the design and supply chain organisations and customers. This role requires you to have a good understanding of gas turbine components, manufacturing processes and the system in which they operate, your role will allow you to interact with a broad range of specialist engineers as well as customer representatives.|
We are the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services with 18,000 engines and 160 customers in 103 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
* All system, sub-system and component issues as well as in-service criteria are fully reviewed and when required, appropriate supporting approval signatures obtained.
* Where required, appropriate salvage / rework instructions have been defined and / or approved.
* Ensure appropriate concession categorisation and endorsement, commensurate with the type, severity of non-conformance and customer specific requirements has taken place.
* Ensure there are no alternative routes to deal with the non-conformance, (e.g. Definition Alteration Request).
* Ensure all supporting evidence is attached or referenced on each concession.
* Certify there is a schedule requirement for development hardware if products are categorised as CatX.
* Guarantee a concession application number is allocated for concessions not generated in SAP (e.g. partner company concessions).
* Make sure customer approval instructions are correctly carried out.
* Presentations and justification (as required) of any non-conformances are provided to the customer.
* Interpret the inputs received and discuss impacts with the relevant stakeholders.
* Higher Education in Engineering (minimum BTEC / HNC or other national equivalent).
* Well organised and self-motivated with good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with other parts of the business and external organisations.
* An understanding of product non-conformance principles would be beneficial but training will be provided as required.
* An attention to detail and thoroughness with good technical writing skills.
* IT literate with the ability to work with a range of IT systems; training will be provided on the relevant systems.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We create integrated power solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create an enduring legacy. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer