|Job Ref:||204744930||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum car, pension||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:52|
Reed Engineering and Manufacturing are working with a global company in the Wakefield area|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting directly to the Production Director and working within the current Engineering Projects Team the Mechanical Design Engineer holds responsibility for support and development projects at eight highly automated concrete building product production plants located throughout the UK. The role requires the Engineer to:
* Design, specify, develop and update current production equipment
* Liaise with production & engineering management to optimise current systems
* Identify updates to improve / enhance performance.
* Perform conceptual design drawing for approval and subsequent development.
* Produce CAD drawings from design to manufacturing drawings.
* Maintain awareness of problematic process areas and design out problem areas.
* Project management of upgrades and new installations.
* Understand engineering workshop practice including fabrication and machining processes.
* Produce financial justification for improvement / development projects.
* Ideally an Engineering Graduate in a relevant associated Mechanical Engineering discipline having minimum of 2 years industrial experience, or holding time served experience offering equivalent professional knowledge
* A good understanding and experience of both automated mechanical handling systems and structural design principles
* Draughting experience using Autocad 2D / 3D or similar CAD packages is essential
* Ability to appreciate existing proven principles whilst evaluating potential for improvement
* A sound knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems would be advantageous
Due to the diverse nature of the role the candidate must be comfortable in both a design and development role and that of active participation in installation, commissioning and routine operation fault diagnostics.
Salary £32K to £40K p.a. depending on experience plus car, profitability related bonus and company pension.
40 hours per week, flexible working 8am - 5pm
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business