|Job Ref:||204744847||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum 20 weeks paid at £8ph||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:52|
We develop sophisticated high value laboratory instruments that our customers use to produce new biological pharmaceutical drugs for treatment of a wide range of diseases including cancer. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world as an integral part of their processes.|
This is a Graduate Electronics/Electrical Engineer role based in Dorset. You would be required to undertake the following tasks:
* Assist with building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification to developmental and production electronic equipment, and systems, based on technical specifications.
* Perform testing to evaluate performance and functionality of current versus proposed systems, and report findings and recommendations to Line Manager.
* Document procedures, reports and purchases relevant to the R&D tasks assigned to you.
* Communicate complete and ongoing tasks with Line Manager.
* Determine deadlines for assigned tasks and agree with Line Manager.
* Operate power and manual tools safely in line with Health & Safety procedures.
As part of your role as Electronics Technician you may also be required to assist with the commissioning of newly built instruments after assembly including:
* Set up PC and install drivers and software.
* Load firmware and settings.
* Create, document and perform test procedures.
* Investigating problems, diagnosing/repairing faults.
* Liaising with appropriate staff.
* Providing technical support.
* Perform related duties as assigned by your Line Manager.
* Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures including Health & Safety and Fire Risk.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical and have the following skills:
* Conversant with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD LT (or equivalent).
* Understand theory and practical use of test equipment to include Multimeter and Oscilloscope.
* Ability to read, understand and create schematics and wiring diagrams.
* Practical use of soldering iron to create/repair PCBs and wiring looms.
* Practical use of crimping pliers and correct selection of crimp for loom manufacture.
* Efficiently communicate problems, solutions, and ideas at all levels within the business.
* Experience of 'Motion Control' and drive tuning, servo and stepper motors.
* Basic understanding of regulatory compliance to include EMC, RoHS, UL, and Product Safety Testing.
* Ability to design and prototype PIC or Arduino firmware.
The Graduate Role:
You will start on a 20 week probationary period paid at £8 per hour. On successful completion of your probation, there is a permanent graduate position available with a starting salary circa £25,000- £28,000.
If you are interested in this placement please apply by clicking on the link below or contact XL Graduate Placement for further details.
XL Graduate Placement is the UK's leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice - more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
XL Graduate Placement is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)