|Job Ref:||87482BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Qatar||City:||Doha||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 04:01|
Job Title: |
Instructor - American English
Raytheon is currently seeking a native-level speaker of American English to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) using the Defense Language Institute (DLI) curriculum and methodology. The candidate must be able to provide accelerated English Language Learning (ELL) courses that are designed to enhance English speaking , listening , writing , and reading skills necessary to achieve standard entry for technical training. The ELL curricula will provide students with a total immersion in the American English language in the classroom and associated facilities. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly in American English, with little or no accent, and must be certified to teach the DLI curriculum. The work may include nights, holidays and weekends on short notice. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Qatar work visa within 30 days of employment.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Provide ELL instruction to international military students enabling them to achieve an English Comprehension Level that is commensurate with the requirements of their specific military occupational specialty (MOS).
• Possibly provide training for other subjects as assigned, as necessary (secondary task)
• Fulfill all U.S DOD ELL program requirements, as currently provided by the Defense Language Institute, that shall ensure all designated training candidates successfully achieve the ECL and oral proficiency interview (OPI) scores required for follow-on operational and technical systems training
• Coordinate class curriculum, conduct language classes and administer tests for evaluating effectiveness of learning activities
• Identify developmental needs/gaps within a classroom population and take corrective action
• Analyze language training needs to adjust or modify program content
• Promote and maintain classroom decorum in a military environment
• Ensure that classroom curricula, scheduling, and laboratories are in compliance with contractual requirements
• At least 2 years of experience teaching English language to foreign students
• Demonstrated ability to instruct students in American English using customer approved curriculum
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with students, clients and other professionals
• Possess a strong sensitivity to sociolinguistic and cultural references
• Native level speaker of American English
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university;
• Certification in the field of English as a Second Language or Masters degree in ESL
• Working knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
• DLI Certification preferred
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) headquartered in Dulles, VA has nearly 17,400 employees and 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. IIS provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. IIS operates on all seven continents. IIS customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
None / Not Required
Training & Development
Type Of Job
Qatar - Doha