|Job Ref:||2016-12534||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Calgary||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:00|
Civil Design Engineer|
Job ID: 2016-12534
Area of Interest: EN - Planning, Design and Project Management
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 10/5/2016
Experience (Years): 7
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WGEOTECH
The Water and Mine Planning Division provides a variety of geotechnical, civil, mining and water resources engineering services to many high profile projects in the prairie provinces and throughout the world. Due to increasing workloads, we currently have an immediate and long-term opening for the following: Intermediate Civil Engineer.
The successful candidate/s will provide team lead, mentoring, planning, design and construction expertise for water resource, civil engineering and large earthworks and environmental projects. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your hydrotechnical and civil engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with Golder's clients and your other client contacts to bring in new work for Golder civil design group.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
* Involve in various aspects of project planning, design and construction.
* Working with Golder's clients to provide detailed design and construction support of large surface water diversion and water management projects.
* Experience in the performing hydraulic and civil/structural analysis, design and assessment of surface water diversions, hydraulic structures, water intakes, pump stations, pipelines, surface water outlets to rivers, water control structures and mine infrastructure.
* Experience in the preparation of tender packages, including drawings, specifications and construction cost estimates.
* Providing engineering support during construction.
* Managing multiple project deadlines, budgets and scope changes.
* Writing proposals and technical reports.
* Able to lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborate and work efficiently with engineers, scientists and managers at all levels, and communicate effectively with clients.
* Offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives.
* Developing and sustain positive business relationships.
* Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
* Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience or a focus on Water Resources, Dams, Hydraulic Structures, Erosion Protection, Construction Administration and Site Inspections.
* Must be an engineer registered in with a NA. or eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta.
* Have a proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships.
* 7 years minimum experience in surface water management projects.
* Good communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing and people skills.
* Exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously.
* Must be a team player and have the ability to motivate and lead by example.
* Should have high ethical standards and integrity.
* Experience with design, construction and technical reporting and documentation.
* Able to write proposals and technical reports.
* Committed to technical excellence.
* Critical thinking skills for problem solving.
* Able to manage and develop business relationships.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates;
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
* Employee mentoring program; and,
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.