|Job Ref:||2016-12530||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:00|
Job ID: 2016-12530
Area of Interest: EN - Contracting and Construction Services
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Certificate
Posted Date: 10/5/2016
Experience (Years): 5
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WN/A
Golder Construction Inc. provides specialized construction and project management services applied to ground improvement and foundation works, dewatering, environmental site rehabilitation, industrial decommissioning, dredging, landfills, dykes/dams works and cut-off walls. Golder has a very strong commitment to Health and Safety; we are a people-driven organization and our goal is zero incidents for each project. Driven by a passion for quality and innovation, we aim to hire self-starters and team-oriented individuals. Along with providing a positive work environment, we offer:
* Competitive compensation packages
* Living out allowances (LOA) - subject to Project requirements
* Per diems - subject to Project requirements
* Company provided accommodations when working out of town
* Rotational shifts
* Travel to and from Project sites (across Canada)
* Strong safety culture
Golder Construction is seeking a Construction General Labourer/Lead-hand for technically challenging ground engineering projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Participating in and adhering to Golder Construction's Health and Safety program;
* Installation and maintenance of Environmental protection measures;
* Installation and maintenance of water / slurry handling systems;
* General site upkeep including maintenance of fencing, signage, roadways, walkways, waste
* Operating a skid steer, telehandler, and manlift to perform various tasks - material handling, loading/offloading, equipment inspections,
* Setup slurry/grout batch plants and disassembly,
* Setup for, Install, and cleanup of plastic concrete backfill,
* Assisting heavy equipment with earthworks associated activities,
* Reporting to the lead hand / site supervisor for daily work plan; and
* Working with the field staff including the Engineer and Quality Technician as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
* A valid driver's licence;
* A minimum 5 years' experience in heavy civil construction or similar (candidates with more years of experience will be considered);
* Knowledge of ground improvement construction an asset: bentonite cut-off walls, soil mixing;
* CSTS, First Aid, Fire Extinguisher, WHMIS, and TDG, Manlift, Telehandler training an asset;
* Available for extended working hours, when required;
* Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision;
* Enjoy working as part of a team and possess good communication skills and a friendly, pleasant manner;
* Flexible, can-do attitude;
* Willing to perform physically demanding work; and
* Experience operating small equipment including a skid steer, telehandler, manlift, HDPE fusing machine, and pumps an asset.
Please note, based on some client requirements, staff can be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates;
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
* Employee mentoring program; and,
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.