|Job Ref:||2016-12531||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:00|
Job ID: 2016-12531
Area of Interest: EN - Contracting and Construction Services
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 10/5/2016
Experience (Years): 7
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WPROJECTS
Golder Construction Inc. is a company providing specialized contracting services for ground engineering, environmental remediation, water resource and mining projects. Since its inception in 1997, Golder Construction has expanded its operations across Canada and has developed a dedicated team of highly motivated individuals.
Golder Associate's Construction Division is seeking a Construction Site Supervisor. The role will generally include the management and direction of on-site construction activities including responsibilities for Health and Safety under regulatory requirements. The position(s) will involve close interaction with sub-contractors, labor, vendors, Golder Construction Project Managers and Management, as well as working in conjunction with design personnel from Golder Associates Ltd.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
* Supervision of on-site construction activities, including health and safety, within the established budget and scheduling guidelines including daily cost control;
* Administering of construction contract and specifications on site;
* Manage the site operating budget and ensure operational spending meets budget;
* Reviewing, approving and tracking all daily construction operations;
* Management/Direction of site subcontractors, suppliers, labour forces and equipment;
* Monitoring and maintaining overall project schedule;
* Management of client and stakeholders representatives on site;
* Manage overall site Health and Safety as the on-site company representative;
* Leading health and safety orientation and daily toolbox meetings;
* Health and safety inspections, incident reporting and preparation of daily cost control reports; and,
* Liaison with Project Manager and consulting designers and internal and external team members.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following qualities, strengths and requirements:
* Diploma/Degree in Engineering or relevant program related to the position;
* 5 - 10 years of demonstrated experience in a supervisory roles on construction projects ranging in value for $1.0M up to $20M;
* Some experience in a supervisory role in remote sites would be an asset;
* Bilingual, French and English would be considered an asset in this role;
* Demonstrated experience in design build projects would be an asset;
* Demonstrated experience in completing and maintaining daily job reports and cost control using commercially available software (i.e. Heavy Job);
* Current NORCAT and/or SURFACE MINER training would be an asset;
* Demonstrated experience on sites involving heavy civil engineering and/or earthworks, with some experience in either specialized geotechnical, environmental, and/or infrastructure work would be an asset; and,
* Mobility (out of town) within the Region and nationally is expected to be 80% of the time. This position will require travel nationally for select projects. Candidate must be willing to work on project sites on a rotational or full-time basis.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates;
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
* Employee mentoring program; and,
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.