|Job Ref:||2016-12532||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 05:01|
Geotechnical Field Technicians|
Job ID: 2016-12532
Area of Interest: EN - Construction Materials, Testing and Engineering
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 10
Education (Minimum): Technical Diploma
Posted Date: 10/5/2016
Experience (Years): 1
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking Geotechnical Field Technicians on a contract basis for the GTA (Whitby, Markham, and Mississauga offices.
This is an excellent opportunity that will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in an employee-owned international firm.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
* Providing technical services in a field and office environment;
* Providing technical assistance in materials related projects and tasks, including carrying out field and laboratory testing of various materials on construction sites, in-situ density testing and testing of concrete and asphalt materials;
* Performing construction site reconnaissance, inspections and observations;
* Carrying out fieldwork, directing field work operations for subsurface investigations including layout, supervising drill rigs and/or excavators, logging boreholes and test pits, site surveying to determine elevations at specific locations, sampling soil and groundwater, and detailed site sketches;
* Using specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports and/or technical drawings;
* Summarizing and analyzing findings from investigations and lab testing for report writing; and,
* Working with and providing support to other members of the group in assisting with other field and office activities as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* College Diploma in a Civil Engineering program or a Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology diploma program, preferably with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering;
* Previous experience working as a geotechnical technician is an asset;
* Must own a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid driver's license;
* Good written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong organizational skills; and,
* Knowledge of drilling procedures is an asset.
In addition, to be successful at Golder Associates, you will be able to demonstrate the following Success Attributes: an ownership attitude, initiative, enthusiasm, a desire to continually learn and grow, a detail and quality focus, good judgement, a good work ethic, is adaptable and good communication skills.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.