|Job Ref:||CAN00342||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||City:||Canada||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:01|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We are seeking a Technical Service Knowledge Advisor to North America to join our growing organization. This position will provide the opportunity to work with Service Line Leaders and members of their communities to assist in the development and coordination of service line communities of practice, so that they shepherd the effective use of knowledge and technology to deliver client outcomes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Support the implementation GHD's strategy of a global connected network through coordinating and supporting the North American Service Line Leaders to enable technical excellence in the delivery of client services.
• Work in collaboration with Service Line Leaders to assist with the formulation of Service Line plans and strategic initiatives
• Develop a profile of GHD as a technical thought leader both internally and externally through promoting the presentation by GHD leaders in seminars, papers, conferences and technical training
• With the Technical Services Leader, provide support in coaching and developing service line leaders in their role to connect our technical people and to engage them in effective knowledge sharing.
• Facilitate the development of Service Line Leaders in the identification of areas for technical development, professional accreditation, and response to emerging trends within their areas of practice.
• Champion a connected network and knowledge sharing culture
• Help to enable technical partnerships and strategic alliance opportunities that support business growth and client service excellence
• Support Service Line Leader succession planning.
• Celebrate and recognize technical achievement and promote innovation that enhances GHDs market reputation
• Support research and development initiatives. Work with the GHD Business School to enhance and establish learning platforms/channels that invest in maintaining GHD's competitive advantage through continuing professional development of GHD's technical professionals
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree is required or relevant post-secondary training.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders,
• A self-starter and initiator, able to manage work time effectively with little supervision
• Ability to teach and effect change through influence
• Experience in planning and executing corporate events, conferences and/or training sessions.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.