|Job Ref:||MEL00926||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Victoria||City:||Melbourne||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:01|
Maritime Engineer - Maritime, Ports & Freight |
With more than 8500 people globally, GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global market sectors of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD people share a passion for exceeding the expectations of our clients and contributing to their success
GHD is a highly successful business with challenging and interesting projects on the horizon, you'll have the opportunity to enhance your career development through working with highly skilled professionals and the GHD business school.
The Maritime, Ports and Freight team delivers a broad range of strategic projects covering engineering assessments focused on operational ports and intermodal terminals, as well as the full spectrum of maritime and coastal infrastructure developments, upgrades and refurbishments.
We are seeking an experienced Engineer to join the team in our Melbourne and/or Geelong offices to assist in delivering and managing an exciting range of projects. This unique opportunity provides a successful candidate with exposure to projects across Australia, Asia and the Middle East.
The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years' of industry experience, with a focus in at least one area of Maritime, Coastal, Ports, Freight, and/or Supply Chain.
Primary functions include:
• Preparation of bids and proposals
• Preparation of project deliverables including drawings and reports
• Providing technical advice to team members and clients
• Undertaking the design of maritime and coastal structures
• Project Management of a range of projects across several disciplines and contribute to working in a team environment across maritime, coastal, supply chain and other projects
• Direct client engagement, including developing business with existing and new clients
• Support Principal Transport Consultants undertaking strategic ports, maritime and freight studies
• A degree in Engineering
• 5-8 years' relevant experience including a proportion of time with a consulting firm
• Proactive, professional, collaborative and personable
• Previous experience with coastal processes is preferred.
If you are passionate, results-driven and ready to play a key role in a reputable multidisciplinary consulting environment, we welcome your application. GHD support a culture that is truly diverse, collaborative and social. We believe in feeling free to be yourself at work and that balancing work and life commitments is the key to happiness. With a workplace rich in diversity of thought, background and experience - we've got what it takes to deliver amazing outcomes for our clients.
If you are ready for your next challenge and excited about our career opportunity, we are waiting to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter via NA . Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please call Alicia Jaeschke, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 8687 8000.