Job Location USA - AL-Cullman
Required Clearance ..
Posted Date 7/13/2016 10:55:00 AM
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Supervisor, General Machining to join our Manufacturing team. The Manufacturing Supervisor, General Machining supervises one or more manufacturing production areas, ensuring production goals and quality objectives of the assigned area are achieved. The Manufacturing Supervisor, General Machining ensures optimal efficiency by implementing productivity and quality improvements. He or she will participate and support the Manufacturing Manager in the creation and implementation of a growth plan for the assigned manufacturing operation through the identification and application of Lean opportunities and Continuous Improvement efforts. In managing manufacturing daily operations, The Manufacturing Supervisor, General Machining will have the skills to provide a safe work environment, manage costs, improve quality, increase efficiencies, and ensure products are delivered on time.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation ensuring compliance with departmental and organizational policy and procedure and pertinent regulatory standards (ISO, ITAR, Safety, etc.)
- Evaluates employee performance in a timely way and within the guidelines of established Human Resources Policy and organizational values
- Interviews and hires new employees, documents and carries our promotions, disciplinary actions and terminations
- Responsible for coaching the team for better efforts, and developing performance measures that encourage world-class results
- Identifies training needs of subordinates through observations and achievement of departmental metrics
- Provides effective training and orientation of team members
- Supports department cleanliness and orderliness initiatives
- Supports and monitors preventive maintenance, quality control, in-process testing
- Leads or participates in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma projects
- Participate and/or lead teams in special projects to improve product quality and production throughput and manufacturing metrics
Administrative & Development
- Documents competency of team member's job skills and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Monitors and directs activities of responsible team members
- Problem solves, investigates and corrects technical problems related to the products
- Facilitates problem solving efforts with cross departmental personnel to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Regularly holds departmental meetings and attends management communication meetings
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of operations and ERP Systems by performing functions efficiently and accurately
- Keeps subordinates and peers informed of pertinent information as it relates to his/her area of responsibility
- Responsible for communication in a timely manner to Sr. Operations Manager any administrative decisions regarding manufacturing operations
- Communicate any staffing changes
- Actively participates and contributes to meetings (MRB, Improvement planning, safety, etc.)
- Prepares and presents data related to manufacturing activities and metrics
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for own professional growth
- Supports gross margin improvement efforts
- Performs duties utilizing resources and materials in a cost efficient manner avoiding waste
- Contributes in the preparation of the annual budget
- Investigates and explains budget variances
- Participates in the Capital and Operations Budget as needed
- Prepares, Monitors and Tracks the purchase requests for the department
- Develops cost saving activities to reduce overall spending
- Supervisor to whom the position reports: Manufacturing Manager
- Positions that report directly to this position: Manufacturing Technicians, Senior Manufacturing Technicians, Machinist, Senior Machinist, Lead Machinist
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and a minimum of six years professional experience in a related field with demonstrated leadership to meet the managerial expectations.
Due to the type of work performed US Citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.