|Job Ref:||LEW-LE-16-19242||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||JBLM||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
-Instructor for Operations New Equipment Training (NET) |
• Present classroom training and hands-on instruction that encompasses all operator tasks for all 10 variants of the Stryker Family of Vehicles. Identify Detailed Description of Work
• Instruct, demonstrate and evaluate U.S. Army soldiers on the Stryker New Equipment Training (NET) by presenting classroom, vehicle and hands-on instructions that encompasses all Operators Level Tasks and conducts follow-on training as required.
• Provide direct CONUS/ OCONUS travel to conduct New Equipment Training at Government/Military Installations on the Stryker vehicles as part of a NET Team as required.
• Prepare, validate and recommend changes to the technical sequencing and procedures of the training support packages (course curricula, programs of instruction, lesson plans, audio- visual aids, practical exercises and evaluations) and other instructional materials.
• Support New Instructor Training and Certification sessions as required.
• Develop and prepare course curricula, Program of Instruction (POI),lesson plans, student guides, and audio visual aids in support of lesson material and examinations.
• Validate training material and examinations.
• Conduct On-the-Job Training (OJT) for U.S. Army Soldiers as required.
• Support Instructor Training Sessions for new hires and certification training as required.
• Assist the Department Manager in scheduling; preparation of training schedules; preparation and submission of CDRL's and the administration of the instructor certification program.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Position is based at JBLM
No relocation offered
• 2 to 5 years related training experience; Light Armored Vehicle (LAV)/ Stryker experience, -Previous experience on U.S. military Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and military crew served weapons strongly preferred.
• Department of Defense (DOD) Instructional Certification preferred.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a team.
• Strong written, reading, oral and briefing skills required; Ability to interact and communicate effectively and clearly with multiple audiences.
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures and could be exposed to products used in maintenance shops during job performance.
• Ability to support long-term TDY assignments (CONUS, OCONUS and/or other location(s) as assigned). Extensive travel may be required in performance of duties.
• Must be able to successfully complete & maintain Stryker Certification.
• Must be able to successfully complete Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Training
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid CDL.
• A valid drivers license is required to obtain and maintain a CDL endorsement.
• Knowledgeable of Army Training Devices preferred
• Stryker experience strongly desired.
• Must meet and maintain Standard Practice 2-644, Physical Restrictions for work in Enclosed Combat Type Vehicle.
• Must meet and maintain deployment requirements.
• Proficient in Military Troubleshooting Procedures preferred.
• Experience with IETM's & Diagnostics Procedures for STTE preferred.
• Computer literacy in Lotus CC:Mail, Microsoft Word, and Powerpoint desired.
• Work performed in Office, Classroom, Maintenance Shop, and Field Training Environments.
• Ability to obtain and maintain successful NACI background to obtain CAC (Common Access Card).
• Must be a U.S. person
• Must be able to gain and maintain access to all military installations in which the work is performed
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.