JOB PURPOSE |
- Responsible to the Director of Aeronautical Engineering to provide day to day advice to RSAF Officers on matters pertaining to systems engineering for all RSAF aircraft and support equipment.
- Provides a primary point of contact for all RSAF IKIP engineering (mechanical, electrical, and/or industrial) issues and work closely with business entities.
- Enhance RSAF engineering authority capability with regards to IKIP for future sustainment of aircraft systems.
- Engineering Degree BEng (Hons) in Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical, Industrial, Aeronautical / Systems Engineering.
- Master's Degree or higher and Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years of exposure in the field of industrial engineering, including design, development, maintenance, repair/refurbishment, integration, test, manufacturing, and industrialization of civil and/or military aircraft and equipment.
- Exposure to senior engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes, specifically the types of fighter, transport, rotatory, and/or unmanned aircraft systems.
- A working knowledge of international regulation and policy for military and civil aviation as well as International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand manufacturing and service methods and activities.
- Figure out how to manufacture parts or products or deliver services with maximum efficiency.
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient.
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs.
- Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production.
- Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Confer with clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong leadership qualities with proven interpersonal and team working skills.
- Computer literate and an experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Able to focus on how get the work done most efficiently, balancing many factors-such as time, number of workers needed, actions workers need to take, achieving the end with no errors, technology that is available, workers' safety, environmental concerns, and cost.
- Knowledge of aviation quality systems
- A good all round awareness of RSAF processes and procedures.
- A good all round awareness of RSAF programmes, Suppliers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) Government to Government Standard Agencies, International Standards Agencies and academic/research establishments.
- Review proposals to maximise the In-Kingdom Industrialisation and Participation of Saudi companies in RSAF projects.
- Evaluate the capability of local companies to assess them as suitable for participating in RSAF projects.
- Coordinate and support qualification of local companies to participate in RSAF projects.
- Participate in first article qualification of equipment manufacture and repairs with local companies.
- Perform integration, test and instructional tasks.
- Perform studies and participate in research, development and implementation of programmes. Evaluate and perform cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
- Recommend improvement/upgrade programs for RSAF aircraft systems and support equipment. Review and recommend RSAF authorizations of engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organisations and technical authorities.
- Prepare staff correspondence to organisations internal and external to the RSAF.
- Support RSAF officers at meetings and participate in design and programme management reviews.