We currently have a requirement for a Test Technician on a 6 month contract basis to work for our prestiged Aerospace and defence client based in Portsmouth.|
Outline Job Profile
Key Activities/ Responsibilities
- Test of electronic and RF sub-systems . Quality control of test results and documentation. Initial fault diagnosis and raising of non-conformance reports.
- Flexible approach to working methods and patterns. Additional hours and shift working will be required including nightshifts.
- Pro-active role in maintaining a safe working environment and a clear commitment to health and safety in the workplace
- Willingness to accept change and actively support continuous improvement, Wiling to develop skills as required to support production (assembly, Test, Inspection and Support) and use these flexibly.
Qualifications and skills:
- Maintain accurate quality control test results and test event logs.
- Provide first line fault analysis and raise mandatory non-conformance reports for non-compliant or anomalous tests
- Support introduction of new test methods
- Support and contribute to the introduction of production improvement and efficiency initiatives
- Adhere to company and departmental Health and Safety and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) processes and procedures
- Quality control of test results and documentation; Initial fault diagnosis and raising of non-conformance reports.
- Optimisation of RF circuits by stub tuning using parallel gap and thermal compression bonding techniques
- Proven experience within manufacturing/ production facility
- HNC or equivalent qualification in electronic discipline plus relevant experience.
- Competent in the use of all types of propriety analogue and RF test equipment including vector and pulse network analysers
Note: All clean room clothing and kit will be provided.
- HND in Electronics/physics and/or relevant experience
- Experience within a clean room environment in a similar industry
- Demonstrable experience using binocular microscopes
- Familiar with ATE and manual test systems. Electronics assembly or inspection expertise
Shift work may be required dependent on workload. Successful candidates will initially be on straight days including the period of on the job training, expected to be 1- 2 weeks dependent on experience. There may be additional hours available dependent on workload.
Most frequently used shift pattern
Shift early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs £22.80 per hour LTD
Shift late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs £22.80 per hour LTD
Some weekend working Saturday or Sunday may be required at peak times.
Or occasionally there may be the need for night shift 22:00 to 06:00 hrs for which 33% uplift is paid £25.27 per hour LTD