An opportunity has arisen for a subcontract Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Supportability Engineer to join a leading Defence company's system ILS Team to apply their skills on a wide range of dynamic, fast-moving state-of the-art weapon systems projects. This role would suit an ILS Engineer, Supportability Engineer or Logistics Engineer with a proven ability in either the Defence or Commercial environment.|
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES As a Supportability Engineer within the ILS team you will:
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Manage small to medium sized ILS work packages on behalf of the Project ILS manager.
- Define support requirements for the product and influence the product design to enhance supportability through life.
- Progressively validate, verify and report design compliance with the support requirements.
- Identify the support needs through application of Support Analysis addressing: whole life cost, level of repair, maintenance tasks, reliability centred maintenance, logistics information, tools and test equipment etc.
- Develop and communicate the product support strategy and associated plans.
- Scope the range and scale of resources, (manpower, skills, information and equipment) required to support the product through life.
- Ensure that the necessary support resources are available to deliver support at entry into service.
- Regularly present information to the company and where required, customer stakeholders.
- Attend internal and Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews.
- Have demonstrable ability solving challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
- Have proven ability in the application of Supportability Engineering tasks and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of UK and international standards, and guidance, relating to ILS activities.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Exhibit well-developed planning and organisational abilities.
- Be a strong negotiator and influencer.
- Have the ability to work individually well or within a team.
Due to the nature of the products all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).