|Job Ref:||119397CST||Employer:||Morson International||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle-under-Lyme||Address:||Post Code:||ST5||Post Date:||06/10/2016 20:12|
Job Title: Project Safety and Sustainable and Development Manager|
Job Type: Contract or Perm
Rate or Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Location: Staffordshire, West Midlands
Opportunity is working for a leading client within the UK Rail Electrification market. Will consider perm and contract applicants.
Purpose of the Job
The Project Safety & Sustainable Development Manager is responsible for the safety, health, sustainability & environment assurance side of each project. Lead a team of SHE Advisors and ensure work systems are coordinated to ensure that the requirements of the client are implemented and maintained. Ensure that the catastrophic risk identified by the client is managed and controlled at Project level.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Achieves team results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and performance management including contractors
* Provide advice and guidance across the project with regards to Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) seeking advice and direction from the Head of Safety & Sustainable Development Assurance &/or the Safety & Sustainability Development Director as and where necessary.
* As part of the wider SHE management team assist in the development of project specific deliverables/initiatives to deliver the client's Integrated Plan commitments in a consistent manner across each project
* Implement the requirements of company Safety & Sustainability Development policies and procedures in accordance with the and current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements
* Ensure an ongoing professional and competent team of SHE Advisors is in place to provide support in all Safety & Sustainability Development matters related to project operations.
* Manage the development and structure of each team to ensure that the ongoing needs of the projects and its delivery of the strategy and integrated plan are met
* Advise the project management on all matters connected with accident prevention and investigation including the legal requirements for safety, health, environment and welfare within the Safety & Sustainability remit.
* Ensure that all accidents, environmental incidents, dangerous occurrences and Close Calls are fully & appropriately investigated and appropriate remedial measures are implemented to prevent a recurrence
* Assist in the monitoring and review of SHE training provided by the Company
* Ensure that appropriate records are kept on behalf of the project and the company requirements
* Bring to the attention of the Project Director/Manager and the Head of Safety & Sustainability Assurance areas of concern and recommendations for improving safety, health and environmental standards.
* Collate, compile and analyse the Project SHE performance for presentation to the programme and corporate requirements
* Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to Safety & Sustainability management and responsibilities including appropriate qualification and professional membership
* Assist where necessary with tenders and presentations to external bodies
* Liaise with the ORR, HSE, EA and other enforcing authorities and professional bodies as and where necessary, notifying the Director of Safety & Sustainability of all contact for record purposes
* Ensure the effective implementation of the company communication system at Project level
Educational, Knowledge & Experience Requirements
* Qualified to Diploma level in SHE Management.
* Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH) or equivalent (MIIRSM).
* At least 5 years' experience in rail safety management or similar industry
* Extensive knowledge of the activities and business base.
* Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
* Excellent motivational and leadership skills.