AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between NATS, a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project named Project Marshall, which, will deliver ongoing service efficiency savings for UK military terminal air traffic services throughout the 22 year life of the programme.|
Join Aquila as a Finance Analyst where you will closely support the senior management team in delivering the financial performance of Aquila. You will be operating as a Business Partner, where the role will have responsibility for maintaining the completeness and accuracy of monthly departmental reports, annual and long terms budy along with MoD Base case contract modelling.
- Full responsibility for producing Aquila’s departmental monthly excel accounts analysis accurately and on time
- Provide Departmental Managers with accurate monthly departmental accounts that clearly identify and explain the differences between Actual v Forecast v Budget numbers
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting Manager to collate and understand “Actual” results and commentary provided by the Financial Controller so they can be incorporated into the relevant stakeholder reports.
Provide support to Financial Reporting Manager as required to develop and maintain appropriate “Cost” and “Operating” excel models that:
- Produce Management Accounts consisting of a Balance Sheet, P&L Account and Cash flow at monthly and annual intervals that clearly identify the difference between Actual v Forecast v Budget numbers (i.e. board packs);
- Provide comprehensive and insightful commentary in all stakeholder reports on differences between Actual v Forecast v Budget numbers;
- Identify financial and operational risks and report on them to stakeholders in a coherent, timely manner
- Support the maintenance of the completeness of Aquila’s key financial process with regards to forecasting departmental expenses and providing insightful, accurate commentary on differences between Actual v Forecast v Budget to all stakeholders
- Influence the design, input and capture of financial data into SAGE and make sure the data extracted for Management Accounting reporting purposes is accurate and reliable
Contract Modelling Support:
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to maintain, and update for contract changes, the contracted “Base Case” excel financial models that underpin the cost base of the Aquila business and the MOD contract price
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to update the contracted “Base Case” excel financial models (that underpin the cost base of the Aquila business and the contract price), periodically for any MOD re-pricing exercises
- Work closely with the Aquila Commercial and Change teams in respect of all contract changes to ensure change projects are accurately incorporated into the Revised Base Case(s) and all modelling as required
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Part-qualified or newly-qualified accountant who is prepared to work to tight deadlines for multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of broad ranging commercial and strategic financial issues commensurate with a part/newly-qualified standard to provide accurate, insightful and concise commentary of the differences between Actual v Forecast v Budget results.
- Proven high level of expertise in complex Microsoft Excel modelling techniques, coupled with good understanding of Word and Power point.
- Financial management reporting skills
- Ability to develop and understand complex excel financial models
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build good partnerships with multiple stakeholders whilst providing robust challenges when required
- Relevant experience in the defence & aerospace sector would be an advantage, but not essential
- Awareness of International Financial Reporting Standards, in particular Revenue Recognition