the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a Mechanical Engineer for the Bombardier Business Aircraft division, you will be responsible to manage several complex technical documents in order to assure the fluidity of operations within the Tooling department.
In your role, you will:
- Design tooling according to established internal standards and methods.
- Make and approve the calculations of loads and constraints to ensure the safety of all line move related to lifting jigs.
- Lead proof load test related to lifting fixture.
- Perform stress calculations to validate the capacity and deformation of jigs.
- Make and approve temporary and secure solutions during production shutdown and stop line.
- Prepare technical specifications, documentation and quotation in order to achieve, by external parties, various types of works or modifications of tooling drawings;
- Follow-up with external suppliers in order to ensure the quality of works accomplished, the respect of lead times, schedule and costs;
- Manage several projects concurrently, provide progress reports, follow-up on any and all changes/delays/technical discrepancies;
- Ensure daily support for the research, development, design and fabrication of tooling assembly jig as well as the delivery to production;
- Evaluate the pertinence of requests regarding the improvement and/or the modification of existing tooling;
- Participate in the project of Research and Development
- Follow and comply with the procedures and work processes to the standards and quality guidelines;
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a university degree in mechanical engineering
- You are registered in the directory of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- You possess (10) years of relevant professional experience in aerospace assembly tooling;
- You have a solid understanding of the design and the manufacturing of assembly jigs within the aerospace industry;
- You possess the ability to quickly assess the overview of a project and know how to apply solutions and improvements that are original, innovative, quick, and secure;
- You possess an understanding of current Engineering, Methods, Manufacturing and Aircraft configuration practices.
- You possess the ability to resolve complex problems.
- You are a specialist in design and manufacturing jigs applied to aeronautics.
- You are a resource person with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as modules 2D, 3D and stress analyses in Catia V5.
- You are a resource person in GD & T tolerancing
- You possess knowledge of Catia V4, CDMA and Enovia (an asset);
- You have a great team spirit, you are recognized for your perseverance and your judgment.
- You master the French and English, both spoken and written.
- You have knowledge in the areas of processes, continuous improvement concepts and new technologies related to aircraft tooling.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people .