We are currently looking to recruit a Service Support Manager (m/f) based in Central Rivers, United Kingdom. |
Being an integral part of the Diesel - electrical multiple unit (DEMU) Management Team, this role will lead the Service Delivery Operation, ensuring alignment with the functional targets and implementation of clear and achievable action plans. The Service Support Manager will interface with the support functions to ensure delivery of the TSA operational performance profile and systematically gather, analyse and generate insight on current train maintenance activities and future needs in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
He/she will ensure that the Virgin and Arriva Fleets are serviced and maintained in accordance with Bombardier's Vehicle Maintenance Instructions and Safety Case, covering the 12 Bombardier and supplier production sites across the UK (outstations).
Customer satisfaction and cost control as per PM/Account Management organization and Contract requirements defined in SLAs
Contract and Financial Delivery
- Clear strategic and deliverable planning that will deliver quality products
- Define the interface and reporting lines for effective and transparent communication with customers
- Cross platform working to deliver enhanced Bombardier Customer Centred Culture
- Leading by setting stretched targets following the structured PDCA process across all sites
People and Product Safety
- Manage the people and processes at all outstations to ensure compliance to all contractual obligations in terms of availability and reliability.
- Including any other customer requirements (audit schedules, compliance to the VMS, and delivery of any variation orders).
- Working in close relationship with the General Manager, Project Commercial Manager and customer
- Outstations budgets are adhered to or bettered across all 12 locations across the UK.
- Depot Access Agreements are in place with all suppliers for duration of Maintenance Contracts
- Ensure resource efficiencies and capabilities across all depots.
- Ensure compliance with HSE legal obligations, company policies, processes and initiatives, incl. HSE Off-site Directive
- Initiate Capex and equipment management decisions for outstations
- Incorporate standards and processes from Industrial Strategy and ensure implementation of standardised tools
- Ensure governance quality assurance activities, incl. testing, incoming/ outgoing goods inspection, quality assurance
- Develop a "continuous improvement" culture, drive best practice sharing and lean manufacturing techniques
- Build and maintain organisational capability through effective selection and recruitment procedures and tools, performance management, talent management, succession planning
- Embed a sustained safety culture across the Service Delivery function to ensure compliance of the operations with all applicable health, safety, environmental policies, standards and regulations.
- Manage Discipline & Grievances in line company policy and process with the authority dismiss
- In depth knowledge of the railway industry and of its trends with specific reference to train maintenance
- Expert understanding of how sub-functions integrate the train maintenance value chain
- Good commercial awareness; at least some experience with being involved in contract negotiation
- Good people and customer management abilities
- Good knowledge of MS Office package
- At least some experience working with of Maximo (maintenance management system) would be advantageous
- Good understanding of budgetary responsibilities
- Open to travel across the UK upon short notice
- Fluent in English
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37