|Job Ref:||1618964||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||Bangalore||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 22:11|
SUMMARY: Responsible for New Product Developments and also analyzing existing product designs, developing product functional analysis and identifying areas for design cost and value improvement. Develops concepts and detailed designs, as directed. Develops prototypes and testing activities. Conducts detailed studies to support design decisions; and maintains records of design process in accordance with sound design practice and ISO requirements, by performing the following duties directly, or through subordinates when so directed. |
• Keeps abreast of the latest technology developments to ensure the company sees available opportunities for technical and value improvements in products and services.
• Supports Global Teams in Innovation/New Technology & NPD efforts. Providing technical guidance and makes technical decisions as needed.
• Must be able to guide project team & perform Quality checks on the designs. Able to mentor junior Engineers in team.
• Able to perform product functional analysis and provide technical support to others performing functional analysis. Tolerance & Stackup ananlysis, GD&T & ASME Y14.5 standards is must.
• Prepares and directs others in the preparation of Complex 3D & 2D design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications using CAD tool (Creo software).
• Prepares and directs others in design validation using appropriate FEA tools.
• Keeps abreast of the company’s product offerings, within the area of involvement, to support decisions on initial design direction.
• Able to understand the strengths and weaknesses of design concepts from the point of view of manufacturability.
• Provides technical information concerning manufacturing and processing techniques, materials properties, process advantages and limitations which affect plant and product engineering.
• Maintains a working knowledge of general industry and specific agency approval requirements, to ensure compliance is maintained in designs.
• Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
You may have multiple types of required skills for the position. List in order of importance.
Examples: Bilingual in English and Spanish; design and development of complex software programs; certified training in Six Sigma.
Example: Bachelor’s Degree with 6 - 10 years related experience in mechanical Product Design & Development engineering.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Fire Engineering in a technical discipline, with 6-10 years of mechanical Design engineering experience. Must have expertise in using Pro-E /Creo, Creo-Simulation and Microsoft Office applications. Must have prior experience working with CAD/NPI/Value Engineering projects or cost based engineering experience. Prior experience working with a multi-national company is a plus. Six Sigma training & Certification is also a plus. Knowledge of FEA/CFD is a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be fluent in English (verbal and written). Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to prepare presentations, and reports, and articles for publication, in the appropriate formats; ability to present same to management and/or other groups.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.