Assists the Technical Services Team Manager in the operating of the day-to-day Call Center “floor” activities, ensuring that Technician’s questions and operational issues are handled promptly and in accordance with Tyco standards and core values. Handles customer escalations on behalf of team. May be requested to fill in for Team Manager for short periods to address operational matters, but not engaged in employee discipline, payroll decisions, formal performance reviews and terminations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide immediate assistance and feedback to Reps on operational procedures. “Walk the floor” and answer questions and address real-time issues as they arise.
- Respond to escalated technical issues and questions from internal and external customers, as needed. May be required to research escalated issues, review with management and respond back to appropriate parties.
- May be assigned to work as a Technician in order to maintain service levels and meet the needs of our customers.
- May be required to assist Resource Desk with identifying and assigning additional resources to “load balance” various segments.
- Assist Team Manager with on-the-job training of new hires and/or new program/project introductions. Provides feedback to Training Manager on progress of new hires and identify training gaps. Provide hands-on training to Technicians with performance challenges (Buddy-jack, side-by-sides, etc.). May be required to assist with New Hire training classes and partner with Training Team Manager on the provision of training.
- Oversee queue availability (ACW, Handle Time, Unscheduled Breaks, AUX usage, and others). Monitor Avaya (telephone system) for call availability, excessive times and provide coaching and feedback to technicians, when necessary. Support call traffic as required, including downloading of programmed information into existing accounts, completing data entries related to downloading, etc.
- Maintain real-time communication with Resource Desk, Team Managers, Unit managers and other Team Leads.
- May assist Team Manager in identifying coaching needs.
- May be required to assist in administrative duties related to licensing.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some College or College degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of Tyco Data and Download experience.
- Must have performed successfully in role in which he/she is seeking a lead position.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot calls from technicians.
- Has met or exceeded performance expectations in previous TYCO positions.
- Ability to perform technical research to resolve problems on over 150 control sets and demonstrated knowledge of all TYCO control sets and knowledge of other control sets used outside of TYCO.
- 3 years of security-industry experience, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to perform multi-tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good conflict management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and command skills
- Has successfully demonstrated the ability to motivate and develop others
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no direction
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of productivity and accuracy
- Has successfully demonstrated the ability to perform and provide results in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Must have basic knowledge of computer applications, specifically Excel, Mastermind, Windows-based programs
- May be required to obtain DOD clearance
- May be required to successfully complete designated TYCO training courses
Tyco Integrated Security LLC offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.