What is the purpose of this role?
- Examining vehicles and reporting defects against Vehicle Inspectorate standards required
- To cost effectively maintain and repair all required vehicles and equipment
- To work safely both individually and with others
- To be part of a rota to cover out of normal hours breakdowns.
- Maintenance of the Gritting fleet during winter months.
- Diagnostic ability to identify problems, find solutions and repair detected defects when required.
What makes this role unique?
Maintenance of the various vehicles and plant used to carry out the maintenance of Sheffieldâ€™s road networks and services. This position will give you a fantastic opportunity to work within a business area that is new and exciting.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure a cost effective repair is carried out within budget
- To ensure that all documentation, Work Orders, service sheets are completed and returned to the workshop office for approval, signature and filing
- To ensure that all tooling and equipment used complies with current legislation and certification
- Maintenance of a tidy bench and working area
- All aspects of health and Safety are adhered to
- The QA policy is understood
- First time repair of vehicles and equipment
- Up to date competency for the repair of vehicles
- None conformances at QA audits
- Experience repairing a wide variety of plant and equipment
What are we looking for?
- Educated to City and Guilds or NVQ levels as appropriate
- Driving licence
- Basic understanding of maths and physics
- Experience of working within a Large Goods Vehicle workshop an advantage
- Be able to work well under pressure for extended periods of time.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable
- Computer literate
- Competent in the assessment areas required by the Company Competency Management System
- To be trained to City and Guilds or NVQ level in the repair of vehicles and equipment