What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake the installation of temporary traffic management, and all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civilâ€™s works, and litter picking.
What makes this role unique?
You will help to deliver a best in class service for our client.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civilâ€™s works, litter picking
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
- Appropriate qualification to relevant trade
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Good communication skills
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Banksman Slinger
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
- Medicals - Other