Job Purpose |
Identifies and qualifies opportunities to achieve revenue objectives. Orchestrates all HDS activity in the account, and is ultimately responsible for customer satisfaction. Responsible for achieving assigned financial targets and account development objectives. Creates opportunity account plans, demonstrating the relationship between the customer's business issues, business initiatives, corresponding IT initiatives and HDS solutions which address those needs. Ensures smooth operation of the sales process, which may involve appropriate project management or partnership with the Channel and practice skills in the generation of accurate project definitions and solution definitions. Assists with developing and executing a solution strategy to meet customer business needs.
- Will be responsible for the designated named accounts. These will be a mix of development and prospecting new accounts.
- Will be responsible for all business generated from these accounts.
- In collaboration with the Channel department develop and engage with the appropriate VARs, ISPs and/or HDS third party partners ensuring we maximize the business potential in the assign territory, whenever necessary.
- Keep an up to date record of customer contacts and track of sales activities.
- Develop a performance plan with his manager and achieve goals within a set timeframe.
- Develop and maintain a rolling 12 monthly account plan for all named accounts
- Control all forecasting and pipeline management for the assigned accounts, well as report to his manager any relevant information and activities that might put at risk the deals forecasted.
- Achieve the target associated with the HDS sales plan currently applicable.
Background & Experience Requirements
- Professional new business account management skills.
- Business awareness skills with the ability to qualify an opportunity and foresee main aspects required to be able to close a deal within a timeframe
- A thorough and disciplined approach to pursue complex goals developing and following a business plan.
- Fully conversant with key financial ratios, business indicators and financial trends.
- A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
- A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. Expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues
- Possessing a personality which will respond positively to working within the structure of HDS and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge, which HDS offers.
- Possess good business knowledge pertaining to vertical market alignment.
- A track record of sales achievement within the new business or account management environment.
- Technical skills enough to demonstrate the value of our proposal to the customer.
- 1-3 years successful track record of negotiating high value orders with a recognized supplier within the I.T. industry or same experience within HDS in a relevant sales/marketing support or SC role.
- Degree or equivalent Formal Education