|Job Ref:||018768||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Waltham||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 00:08|
Hitachi Insight Group - Senior Software Engineer |
Hitachi Insight Group is building the leading platform for enabling the Internet of Things that Matter. Are you ready to join our team and build solutions that will profoundly change the way that we live in cities, run our manufacturing plants, operate and maintain motor vehicles and power our world?
You will get to work in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment architecting, designing, developing and testing solutions that enable and leverage the Internet of Things. You will apply state of the art techniques from the fields of AI & Machine Learning to extract and enhance the value of IoT data. You will be part of a cross-functional team, collaborating closely with member of different functions to deliver high quality features. You will be challenged technically and expected to engage and thrive in an environment full of learning opportunities.
Social life at the Waltham office includes hackathons, indoor soccer, ultimate frisbee, company sponsored meetups at local restaurants, seasonal pickup soccer and basketball games, weekly board game night, and ping pong and foosball tournaments.
• Contribute to the technical direction and architectural vision of the product.
• Design, implement and unit test high-value features.
• Advance and promote software engineering best practices and processes.
• Continuously assess and evolve technology and core components.
• Load balance with engineering cross-functional groups to achieve organizational objectives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
• Extensive hands-on software design and development experience across a number of successful commercial products.
• Demonstrated ability to apply software engineering best practices to design, implementation and unit testing.
• Deep passion to continuously deliver highly successful commercial solutions.
• Equivalent of 5 years in the software/storage industry.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Desirable experience:
o Object-oriented design and programming
o Unix and/or Linux
o SaaS solutions and architectures
o Application Security