Senior Sustaining Engineer (Solutions Enablement) is an exempt non-supervisory product engineering position within FBDE Sustaining Engineering group of the Global Solutions Strategy and Development (GSSD) organization. An ideal candidate is a seasoned IT solutions & services professional with a primary goal to provide outbound enablement (customer, field) for an emerging product/solutions and provide inbound feedback into Product Engineering based on results internal or external product/solutions experiences. |
A successful candidate must have a proven and recent (within last 5 years) track record of working in solution engineering / enablement areas, interfacing directly with engineering and other major solution portfolio stakeholders.
Senior Sustaining Engineer (Solutions Enablement) usually has little to no instruction on daily work assignments, with only general instructions on new assignments, interacting with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Senior Sustaining Engineer (Solutions Enablement) works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- Acquire and apply subject matter expertise towards solutions based on the emerging product in customer and field interactions (such as POCs, demos, engineering training, best practices collateral generation etc.)
- Proof-of-Concept (POC) support and enablement:
- Manage engineering customer engagements (define/validate POC scope/success criteria; communicate in/out of engineering, including directly with a customer; align engineering capabilities to POC scope, etc.)
- Enable HDS field teams to manage POCs with only remote engineering support
- May need to provide onsite help with POC initially or as-needed
- Participate in reproducing complex / system-level customer-reported problems:
- Solution- / system-level setup for complex end-user scenarios during and following POCs or Engineering Escalations
- Must be able to use all available lab resources company-wide, which may require cross-functional interaction.
- Engineering Post-Mortem (POCs, Escalations, etc.):
- Participate in Close-Loop Corrective Action mechanism documenting product issues and working with engineering team to their resolution
- Provide input to Engineering and QA groups to communicate defect-related data and help with reproducing complex customer scenarios and influence product changes for better quality
- Issue documentation and management
- Create new defects and RFEs in the Engineering Database
- Participation in Live WebEx / remote support sessions:
- As an advisory resource for field POC support or GSC tier-3 assistance
- 8 years experience in a technical role (solutions); 8 years working with Enterprise IT customers with at least 5 years of experience in the relevant areas (listed next).
- Subject Matter Expert in one of the applied areas: computer/storage/network architectures/products/protocols. Requires general expertise in at least three core competencies (NAS, Storage (SAN/RAID), networking, Unix/Windows (server-side).
- Aptitude: self-starter, loves to learn
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills exercised on a regular basis (verbal & written).
- Driven, self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, an individual who has a passion for problem solving.