Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Responsible to the Contract Manager for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the contract, ensuring the provision of a professional service to the client.
- To have day to day operational responsibility for the delivery of services within the contract, ensuring compliance with the required outcomes of the audit systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client representatives on site and understand their key business drivers and attend client meetings.
- Ensure professional quality of service delivery and management of the monitoring of service standards, including monitoring of areas.
- Develop and maintain accurate and reliable management reporting information and performance monitoring systems. Support with producing monthly reports.
- Deputise for the Contract Manager as required, with appropriate support from the regional operations team.
- Continuously review service delivery and working practices to ensure highest quality of output combined with most effective use of resource.
- Adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- To ensure staff allocation to the required levels on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all service defects are rectified within the appropriate time scales and that action is followed up for continual failures and trends.
- Request and at times authorise the purchase of materials / equipment and staffing requirements, with agreed spending levels in the absence of the Contract Manager.
- Authorisation and completion of the variation process in the absence of the Contract Manager.
- Provide quotations and obtain client authorisation for all requested additional works in the absence of the Contract Manager.
- Assist as required with the monitoring and control of financial aspects of the sites. Process and raise variations accordingly.
- Assist the Contract in ensuring that Lean is proactively applied throughout the Contract.
- Service Provision is from 0600hrs through to 2230hrs with this in mind a flexible approach to the service requirements is essential.
- Support the Contract Manager to recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, legislation and good practice standards. (Staff appraisals/Job Chats to be conducted at least annually).
- Ensure that all employees project a positive, approachable, friendly and professional image at all times.
- Hold monthly team briefing meetings and reward those who go the "extra mile". Plan and control holidays within the operation to 'self cover' where practicable.
- To regularly meet with Team leaders/Supervisors to determine the quality, consistency and financial performance of their area or department. Set challenging but achievable goals in line with quality, service and financial requirements of the contract.
- Engage in the EOHAV process and promote participation from all staff.
- Ensure all staff are appraised annually via the 'Job Chat' process and are given regular reviews to enable the opportunity.
Health & Safety
- Ensure personal conduct is of the highest standard whilst on the hospital premises, exhibiting courtesy and efficiency to patients, visitors and users of the service at all times.
- Introduce and maintain an effective means of communication with all staff groups, including one to one formal progress meetings, staff meetings etc.
- Work closely with the Trust monitoring team in preparation for validation audits.
- To develop close working relationships with Key Client Groups, ensuring effective working relationships with the day to day managers and senior clients.
- Support the Contract Manager with regards to staff absences and arranging the necessary cover.
- To ensure that systems are in place to keep the client fully informed of staff absences particularly in cases where cover is not immediately available.
- 'Walk the floor' on Client Sites, during service periods, to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered to the customer.
- Attend regular meetings with Key stakeholders.
The above list of key tasks is not exhaustive; the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of 'SUCCESS IS NO ACCIDENT' and report all accidents/incidents appropriately.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of and trained in their responsibilities under Health and Safety Legislation.
- To ensure that the company colour coding systems is widely displayed and implemented in all service areas.
- To ensure full compliance with COSHH legislation including providing company training in this area to all staff.
- To ensure full compliance with food hygiene guidelines ensuring that all colleagues understand their obligations.
- Support with all Health and Safety systems and the up keep of risk assessments.
What we are looking for
- Educated to A-level or equivalent management experience.
- A relevant Management qualification and/or substantial experience in facilities services.
- Demonstrable record in leading and motivating staff members.
- Significant experience of organisational change.
- Experience of managing budgets and profit and loss accounts.
- Experience of working in the NHS (Desirable).
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills including team working and negotiation.
- Ability to manage time and meet objectives.
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Able to prioritise significant workloads and resource them in response to changing demands and requirements.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of IOSH, NEBOSH, Advanced Food Hygiene, BICs, Infection Control, Waste Management, Gas Safety qualification.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
Assistant Manager JD NA Assistant Manager JD NA