Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
- To develop the client specification and drawings (if required) so that they can be priced accurately by proposed sub contractors;
- To manage the timely and accurate pricing of Tenders;
- To supervise the production of Tender drawings (if required) for submission;
- To organise submission of Tenders (including technical and Commercial aspects);
- To respond to clients MEICA post Tender requirements.
- Develop the clients' specifications and drawings in sufficient detail to enable the Sub-Contractors to price their package of work accurately;
- Undertake pre-tender design layouts for water and sewage treatment works, including P&ID's.
- Appraisal of process designs solutions;
- Obtain accurate prices and quotations for all aspects of a tender relating to the MEICA element including subcontracts, materials and labour;
- Technically and commercially assess quotations;
- Produce an accurate estimate for MEICA related work for a Tender;
- Advise the Proposals Manager of any additional resources that may be necessary to complete the Tender;
- Preparation of Tender programme for MEICA equipment and MEICA activities;
- To document any areas of potential risk identified in the tender;
- Liaise with other interested parties (including process, civil engineering and commercial specialists);
- Attendance to site visits if required;
- Attendance to settlement meetings to discuss and explain, MEICA estimate;
- Preparation of tender submission (including technical and commercial aspects);
- Attend post-tender MEICA/commercial meetings with client;
- Adherence to the Company Q.A. system;
- Preparation of hand-over documentation after award of contract;
- Any other duties that may be required in the preparation of a tender;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Accuracy is paramount plus the ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Should be a good communicator and capable of working in a team environment;
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to that prescribed in the tender bid;
- Preferably Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (Chartered engineer preferred);
- BEng Mechanical or Electical Engineering with Experience within the Water Industry;
- Contractually aware - NEC conditions essential;
- Member of the Institute of Mechanical / Electrical Engineers;
- CSCS card registered;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software plus internet;
- Comprehensive experience in a similar role with a Contracting type of Company;
- Good knowledge of processes and equipment used within the water industry together with the ability to undertake concept design;
- Ability to produce accurate estimates using computer-estimating packages is essential;
- Sound understanding of process design;
- Ability to produce tender designs for sewage and water works;
- Flexible with time and able to travel to sites.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical & Mechanical Proposals Engineer to work from our office in Alfreton. This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.