Hourly Rate Bands Up to £7.20 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Ward Host/Hostess is required to work within a hospital environment based in Lewisham, London SE13.
As a Host/Hostess, you must be fully flexible to work on a 0 hour contract, any 5 out of 7 days. There will be 2 available shift patterns: 7.30am to 10.30am or 11.30am to 6.30pm.
This is a 0 hour contract with the potential to be turned into full time, permanent.
- Provide support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages
- Serve food according to the style and type of operation and to the required standards
- Clean on a daily basis all catering areas in accordance with Autograph standards of work
- T o ensure that all food is presented to customers in a professional manner in compliance with statuary guidelines and regulations.
- To ensure that customers/patients are aware of the menu content and any allergy information to pass onto the customer.
- To maintain strict portion control, ensuring that all produce used within the catering service is of the highest quality.
- To assist with the preparation and production of menu items and hospitality as required.
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in the catering department in line with current legislation and contractual requirements.
- To prevent wastage and damage to foodstuffs and equipment within the catering department.
- To participate in any training or meetings required to undertake the duties of this post.
- To prepare and store food items in accordance with company procedures and legislative requirements.
- To deliver and collect hospitality as directed.
- Operation of catering equipment in accordance with training.
- To maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene in line with Interserve's Hygiene Code of Practise.
- To understand and look after customers with special needs.
- Support the LEAN Programme when required.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Customer focused with a proven record of customer care
- Present a positive and professional manner and attitude at all times
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate excellent time keeping skills
- Food hygiene knowledge
- Good understanding of Health and Safety
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.