Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
As the Senior Member of the Interserve team for the Client, to be responsible for the delivery and development of Retail Catering, Hospitality and Cleaning Services for the site. To manage and control the staffing and capital resources allocated to the Contract in line with Interserve's expectations and controls.
- Have a sound knowledge of appropriate operational catering policies, procedures and practices to ensure food safety and hygiene standards are maintained at all times and which complies with an Assured Safe Catering program based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (H.A.C.C.P).work procedures, practices and equipment for the catering service.
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring high quality cost effective provision of all services on behalf of Interserve, to the Trust in line with the requirements of the contract specification;
- Have responsibility for the contract budget and profit and loss account and ensure strict budgetary controls are applied. Maintain financial records and information accordingly;
- Participate in the continual review of services for present and future service needs to identify opportunities for improvements in provision of service and the better utilisation of resources; to ensure value for money and benchmarking services as required;
- Ensure services provided fully comply with service specifications and requests for additional services are responded to and variations are raised as appropriate;
- Ensure effective systems and procedures are in place to manage the presentation of the patient environment and how this reflects on the perception of cleaning standards by liaising with service users and senior Trust managers;
- Ensure compliance to statutory and legislative requirements of the service and report any issues regarding compliance to the appropriate area;
- Contribute to business continuity plans in the event of a major failure, monitoring to ensure plans are current and can be implemented;
- Be familiar with Company's Strategic Direction and NHS Directives and ensure services are developed in line with these.
- Initiate and maintain effective mechanisms for the dissemination and receipt of information, produce reports, briefs, specifications, business plans as required;
- Investigate and report on any complaint received in connection with the services managed, in accordance with the company's complaints procedure;
- Ensure records, as required, are maintained and reviewed annually.
- Prepare management reports as required and represent Interserve in providing advice and guidance on all Services at both Trust and company meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Lean principles and initiatives throughout the contract involving colleagues in the generation of pro-active action.
- Implement and monitor compliance to company policies and statutory requirements relevant to the services provided;
- Implement and monitor procedures for the recruitment, selection, induction, and retention of staff within agreed company policies;
- Ensure due consideration and action planning result from Everyone has a voice feedback and are used to positive effect within the contract
- Monitor staff sickness and absence levels and ensure appropriate action is taken when necessary to keep within agreed company targets;
- Be responsible for managing disciplinary matters and disputes in line with the company policy;
- Hold weekly management team meetings.
- Implement appropriate training to enable all staff to undertake their duties effectively, safely and within legislative requirements;
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring that all staff are appraised annually and are given the opportunity for personal development;
- Represents IF at various Trust or community and/or business meetings; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- To maintain a highly visible presence on the Trust's sites promoting the aims and achievements of the Company.
- Liaises with customers, the Trust, service providers, and other public bodies as appropriate to ensure service provision meets and exceeds Service Level Agreements.
- Co-ordinate the work of and directly manage the management and administration team of Interserve on the site;
- Attend Client Review Meetings and other Trust meetings relevant to the delivery and quality assurance of the contract delivery;
- Promote and develop effective working relationships with the Client, service users and Trust staff;
- As a member of Interserve Senior Management Team, work with the Contracts Manager and other members of the Senior Management Team in ensuring the delivery of a professional, high standard of service;
- Review Customer Survey results and act upon all comments.
- Liaise with recognised Trade Unions and Staff Representatives, and representing the Company's views to the Trust in consideration of new strategies and policies.
- Ensure personal conduct is of the highest standard whilst on the Educational Centre premises, exhibiting courtesy and efficiency to patients, visitors and users of the service at all times.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of work procedures, practices and equipment for a catering service, including advanced food hygiene processes; City & Guilds; NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in a Facilities Management role within an educational environment
- Demonstrate experience of team leadership or management experience
- Demonstrate experience in financial management and contract management and the ability to communicate up to Senior level
- Demonstrate experience in strategic planning and management
- Demonstrate excellent commercial awareness and customer focus
- Experience of day to day co-ordination of operational activities
- Able to work in a team as well as autonomously to a high level of accuracy
- A sound understanding of Customer Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent PC skills and fluency with a range of PC packages
- Proven ability to work to critical targets and deadlines in a demanding and changing environment
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills
- Excellent Influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and receptiveness to change with significant experience of managing change
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.