Requisition ID: |
Local Assignment, No Relocation Authorized
Perform construction/engineering assignments of a varied nature requiring a full working knowledge of construction engineering practices and the exercise of professional judgment within the framework of broad guidelines provided by superiors.
- Provide subcontractor field planning coordination and oversight for Fiber to the Home (FTTH) cable installations
- Coordinate and perform work package walkdowns with the FTTH subcontractor
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Administers change notices and amendments and/or audits subcontractor requests for progress payments.
- Manage the schedule used for statusing project reporting. Performs assigned tasks related to updating and monitoring schedule data needed for effective schedule control.
- Maintains records of quantities and construction inspection work and may input to quantity tracking databases and other computer databases as required.
- Coordinate communications and action requirements with subcontractors, homeowners, 811 Utility Locate Agencies and Local Permit Jurisdictional Agencies.
- Coordinates assigned work with other technical personnel as needed to support the construction team's workload.
- Provide direct assistance to the Lead Field Engineer in review of management control systems and status reports.
- Prepare all necessary reports and forms to assure that contract administration functions are performed which include, but not limited to; change notices, daily reports and quality inspection reports, etc.
- Monitors daily site safety work practices utilized by Bechtel and/or subcontractors to ensure compliance with Bechtel's "Zero Accident" philosophy, established programs, policies, and applicable regulations. Advises project management of noncompliance and stops work in imminent danger situations.
- Minimum of 3 years' construction field engineering experience.
- Experience with field office work providing exposure in a technical support role furnishing technical assistance to subcontractors.
- Proficient data automation skills with the ability to utilize standard word and data processing programs. (MS-Office, Outlook, etc)
- All applicants must have the right to work and remain in the United States.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license (a Project Drivers Permit is required for this position and must be obtained within 14 days of report date.)
- Experience in task management with ability to manage multi task functions.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to perform under conditions of minimal supervision.
- High degree of organizational skills, with ability to organize processes and procedures within a group working environment.
- General knowledge of construction & engineering functions/activity with ability to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly.
- Proficient communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate (oral & written) with a diverse array of personnel.
- Awareness of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Experience with FTTH construction.
- Experience with installation of underground utilities.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.