|Job Ref:||00016144||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 01:03|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Process Engineer within our Permian Resources group based in Houston or Midland, Texas. |
This position includes the following functions to be performed in support of our gas conditioning and processing facilities in the Permian Basin:
• Provide ongoing engineering assistance to operations including troubleshooting of process operating problems, conducting special tests, developing reports, providing technical assistance, including PHA teams, as required.
• Identify, evaluate, develop, specify, justify, install, and start-up process improvements to increase production capacity, improve operation reliability, reduce manufacturing costs, reduce energy usage, conserve raw material, improve product yields and improve product quality.
• Technical owner of relief system sizing basis, plant simulations, and management of change (MOC) process for the facility.
• Track and forecast OPEX & CAPEX budgets.
• Coordinate safe execution of projects with predictable cost, schedule and performance, including design and cost estimating.
• Participate in any opportunity to enhance safety, upgrade environmental safeguards, and provide for the overall optimization of process operation.
• Represent and/or assist the company in evaluation, selection, coordination and control of vendors supplying operating services, consulting services, materials, equipment and other needs of operation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a preference in Chemical Engineering
• A minimum 5 years of engineering experience in manufacturing & operations environment, onshore oil and gas production, and/or gas conditioning, processing facilities and maintenance functions
• Demonstrated commitment to safety, including safety considerations in engineering design, recommendations, and operability.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and in the time required
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Highly motivated with strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate in a multidiscipline team.
• Ability to travel to the field on a routine basis (2-3 times/month).
• Working knowledge of the following in context of upstream oil and gas operations:
o OSHA Process Safety Management elements and typical safety program requirements (including HAZOPs and Risk Analysis)
o Industry codes and standards such as API 520 and API 521
o Typical rotating and stationary equipment
o Typical materials of construction
o Process control elements and systems
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Good working knowledge of SAP, ProMAX, HYSYS and other modeling software.
• Working knowledge of reliability engineering principles and life cycle cost analysis.
• Training and work experience in project management and execution, including outages.
• Working knowledge of procurement systems and contracting.
• Ability to represent the company's interests with vendors, joint venture partners, and contract technical staff
• Working knowledge of typical onshore oil and gas construction practices
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status