Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Staff Accountant/Sr. Accountant at our Dallas, TX office.
Essential Job Duties:
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to perform the following:
- Provides accounting and finance services to manufacturing operations remotely from Dallas, by establishing and maintaining control over accounting and payroll activities and records required to properly record and document financial transactions. This includes cost accounting, financial close, production and inventory accounting, account analysis, labor contract cost analysis and tracking, government and third party reporting, and third party billings.
- Ensures that the financial reporting and accounting process is timely, accurate and meets management's needs. Directs, interprets and maintains the consistent and proper application of sound and generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting standards, internal controls and financial policies, procedures and systems.
- Evaluates the accuracy and reliability of accounting data, effectiveness of existing accounting procedures and controls, and makes recommendations for improvement. Develops, recommends, and implements accounting practices to promote consistency, application of best practices, task automation, and efficiencies.
- Provides support to various cost programs and initiatives by providing cost performance data and analysis, training and promoting cost awareness.
- Takes on a variety of monthly and quarterly reporting duties and assists management in ad-hoc analysis.
- Takes a lead role in preparing and organizing the annual plan for a manufacturing facility.
- Participates in and provides support for safety programs. *LI-YN1
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance (minimum of 18 hours of Accounting).
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritization, organization, and timely decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Open to future relocation
- Proficiency in SAP, TM1 and Microsoft applications.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status