Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a large chemical subsidiary (OxyChem) and substantial midstream business. Oxy's Midstream and Marketing subsidiary gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas, carbon dioxide and power. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Centurion Pipeline is an oil-gathering, common carrier pipeline and storage system within the Midstream organization and operates approximately 2,750 miles of crude oil pipelines.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Technician in Snyder, TX.
- Oversee small company/contractor crews performing field and station maintenance activities.
- Ensure all job permits are completed and reviewed with crew to ensure safe work site.
- Oversee/perform worksite excavations, general pipeline maintenance activities, flange bolt ups.
- Provide assistance to Construction Supervisor/Construction Lead in coordinating maintenance activities for pipeline facilities repair, installation, and modifications.
- Provide supporting documentation for all services and materials for Construction Lead to properly track and document projects.
- Gather relevant field information to assist in project estimating.
- Maintaining the highest standards for HES performance
- Other duties and projects assigned as necessary.
- Minimum 6 months performed pipeline maintenance and construction activities.
- Practical experience of pipeline systems and surface equipment, including tanks, valves, positive displacement and centrifugal pumps, electric motors, gas engines, and other pertinent equipment.
- Practical experience with ditch excavation, pipeline welding, coating, and pipeline repair.
- Practical understanding of pipeline transportation system operations.
- Knowledge of API, ASME, OSHA, and DOT codes and standards with an ability to apply that knowledge to pipeline projects
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite, Maximo, Xmaps).
- Ability to obtain Operator Qualification per D.O.T. CFR 195 for all monitored or performed work duties.
- High School diploma or G.E.D., Vocational Training desirable, w ith a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work effectively with other teams/departments.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status