|Job Ref:||203263427||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Harlow||Address:||Post Code:||CM18||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum Negotiable dependent on experience||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:08|
Roles: Responsible for maintenance & Repair of Fleet|
Responsible for ensuring that piling rigs and equipment used by the company are maintained to the highest standards so that they are fit and safe for use on site, and to achieve utilisation targets.
For undertaking development work on new or existing equipment to enable the company to improve its utilisation targets.
Essential requirements of this role are:-
• Strong technical skills, with a practical hands on maintenance and repair background including an understanding of hydraulics, low voltage electrics and Diesel engines.
• The ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Positive attitude to be able to represent PPS and liaise and communicate with clients
• A pro-active approach to resolve issues promptly which may arise with reliability, in order to minimise site downtime.
• Willingness to learn new skills and grow in personal competency
Responsible to: Foreman
Responsible for the following specific tasks:
1. Maintenance and repairs to be carried in a safe and professional manager and in line with Company expectation.
2. Completing fully Company paperwork in line with Operational processes.
3. Pro-actively assist with the on-going development and improvement of the company operating systems
4. Act in accordance with the company values and be an example to others with regard to professional conduct and dress
5. Pro-actively look for continual improvement in all aspects of what we do
6. Seek self-improvement and be proactive in suggesting any self-development training.
7. The role requires management skills and you will be expected to demonstrate these in a positive and proactive manner.
8. Ensure that all staff observe all Health & Safety regulations whilst working in the distribution yard, workshop or when on a site visit and comply with any instructions given by the General or Health & Safety Manager in this area.
9. Undertake site visits as required and carry out maintenance/repair of equipment
10. Ensure that company vans clean and tidy outside and inside. Ensure compliance with van service schedules supplied by the manufacturers and comply with the policies and procedures covering company vehicles.
The Company van is maintained with correct stock levels and equipment, and inspections are carried out to ensure that standards are adhered to.
11. Work closely with the Plant Co-ordinator to ensure that realistic timescales are achieved and customers expectations are managed, and to ensure that requested plant equipment is inspected and prepared for site usage on a timely basis, and that the pre-site inspection form is completed fully.
12. Ensure ongoing familiarity and understanding of industry standards, developments and knowledge in the areas of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical Circuits and Health & Safety.
13. Responsible for ensuring that the workshop and tools are organised ensuring that these are stored and maintained accordingly to company policy and to health and safety standards.
14. Ensure that all daily job/time sheets detailing work completed ensuring that details of consumables used and time spent is recorded accurately.
Quality Policy Objectives:
To continually seek improvement in the following areas:
1. Performances of our products & services.
2. Customer satisfaction.
3. Development of our staff where applicable.
4. The standards of suppliers and sub contractors.
5. Our financial performance.
6. Our Health and Safety performance.
Please apply with your CV