|Job Ref:||204421837||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Huddersfield||Address:||Post Code:||HD1||Salary:||£33000 - £38000/annum + Bonus Scheme||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:08|
KPJ Group are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a world leader in the design and manufacture of finishing machinery for the carpet industry at their design offices in Huddersfield. |
Within this role you will support the Sales and Project Managers in providing a high quality design service covering all the mechanical aspects of projects from inception through to project completion and client handover. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will ensure that cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions are designed for projects within the carpet and textile sector. This fantastic opportunity is to work for a world leading company within the Textile and Carpet industry. Preference will be given to experience of the Textile and / or Carpet industry
Your Duties Will Involve:
• Design & Documentation of one-off mechanical assemblies through to complete production lines using Autodesk software (AutoCAD and Mechanical/Inventor 2016)
• Ensure Designs are completed in accordance with customer specification.
• Produce Design Documents which are cost effective and can be installed and commissioned effectively.
• Agree the Design cost budget / timelines and monitor performance against the budget.
• Leading and managing design in collaboration with the operation teams, undertaking design reviews and assisting with the re-engineering of pre-designed contracts
• Conducting design validation visits to installation sites
• Providing support for business development by technical risk assessment of tender information, highlighting both risk and opportunities and delivering high quality design solutions that address our contractual obligations whilst mitigating technical risk.
• Monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Establish working relationships with shop floor engineering and installation staff.
• Develop a close working relationship with Stakeholders across the business and group companies.
• Reporting directly to the Chief Design Manager.
• Developing other design team members, acting as a mentor to assist in the process of developing designers by 'on-the-job' coaching
• Ensuring that the company's Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and be familiar with all current legislation regarding Design Regulations, legislative requirements, BS, EN standards, CDM, Health, Safety & Environmental issues relating to design and technical activities
• Creation of Bills of Materials, parts lists.
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet agreed deadlines
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Degree or equivalent qualification, to be successful in this role you will have previous experience working in a similar position. Ideally with a HND or equivalent diploma or Degree in mechanical engineering.
• 3D CAD experience - preferably AutoCAD Inventor, but Solid works would be acceptable
• Experience in multidisciplinary process plant schemes.
• Experience of working towards set targets and managing teams to deliver time and cost objectives.
• Able to supervise and manage a project from start to finish.
• Salary of £33,000 - £38,000 per annum dependent upon experience
• 33 days holiday
• Company pension scheme
• Private Health care
• Bonus scheme