|Job Ref:||204217670||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Harrow||Address:||Post Code:||HA1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:09|
DRAFTSPERSON - JOB SPECIFICATIONS.|
We are working with a structural and architectural steelwork fabrication and installation business who are looking for an experienced and self-motivated draftsperson.
As they are a SME the pressure is often on to do the impossible; we base our reputation on a hard working team who in turn deliver a quality product
with impeccable service. The successful candidate would have the ability to meet every challenge head-on and always view it positively as an opportunity to grow as is our company ethos.
We are looking for the following qualifications and experience for a steel detailer to be employed full time:
- Excellent knowledge of steel design & steel connection details
- Experience of producing architectural metalwork's and structural steel's fabrication drawings using Tekla is essential. Knowledge of other software (Revit) would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering's and Architect's drawings and understand and
able to deliver the information from Structural Steel specification into the fabrication drawing.
- Ability to liaise competently with Engineers & Architects and manage the flow of technical
information on the project is essential.
- Ability to work as a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination
with Commercial, Project, Production and Site Department.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those measurements
- Ability to work under pressure and manage number of projects at any given time by prioritising
projects based on site dates and production needs. Very keen and eager to get the job done even
if it requires overtime to complete the work
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D Model build, connections
detailing and fabrication drawings is essential.
Knowledge of ISO 9001, CE Marking BS EN 1090
and PAS 1192-2 will be desirable.
- Able to work to company's procedure and ensure the flow of information and document controlling is maintained to high level.
The Draftees have a responsibility to work safely & raise concerns about product conformity and safety issues.
- Design Review Meeting with Project managers to review the Specification,
Tender drawings, Site
surveys & Connection calculations.
- Raise RFI's following the review meeting and the initial modelling for any design discrepancies,
clashes, missing information to the responsible parties involved and maintain the RFI register.
- Track correspondence with Client's Structural Engineer and project
Managers and file on system
- Keep track of all the variation and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting evidence
an data for the Commercial team to access
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current
- Raise and control document registers. Document control (drawings, calculations, RFI, variation) of high standard is vital. Maintain hard copy file.
SEQUENCE OF DRAWING
- Generate 3D Tekla models at tender stage in collaboration with estimating team. Take off for estimation
- Generate 3D Tekla models at Design Stage to both Engineer and Architect's specifications.
- Generate 2D drawings: A1 Foundation plan(s), A1 General arrangement drawings, A1 3D
- Update drawings in conjunction with design team and clients comments (minor comments)
All drawings to state the Grade and the Subgrades of steel, Finishes, Weld sizes, Weld Symbols,
WPS and any other relevant guidance notes for the fabricators from the approved Drawings,
Calculation and Specification
- A3 Detailed Fabrication and Assembly Drawings
-A4 Fitting Drawings & Shaft Drawings
- 3D Isometric Drawings Showing Member Marks
- Updated 3D interactive model for review
- Full Material Lists, including Bolt Lists
- CD Rom Back-up Disk For Client Use
- CNC Output
Interaction with the production team is a must.
- Generate Site installation Guide and Setting out drawings for the smooth site erection
- Generate As-built drawings for O&M Manua