|Job Ref:||204441283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:10|
Are you an Engineering professional looking to progress your career in the Food Manufacturing industry?|
This is a good time to join this large business as they go from strength to strength supplying their product into the major retailers. My client is looking for an Engineering Team Manager to join their successful team.
The shift pattern is working 4 on 4 off 2 days and 2 nights and they will pay up to £40,000 for the right candidate.
To support the Engineering Manager with the day to running of the Engineering Department. To determine work schedules ensuring labour maximisation and to drive maintenance systems to achieve plant efficiency and effective shutdowns.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working closely with the Production Manager.
• Liaise with Production Manager to identify and resolve current engineering issues to maximise plant efficiency.
• Being responsible for the setting of Engineering work schedules
• Understand and focus on Continuous Improvement
• To provide Technical Support to Shift Engineers
• Support the Shift Engineers to adopt a pro-active approach to maintenance, motivating, coaching and providing technical support as appropriate. Identify any staff training needs.
• Manage and facilitate staff performance, dealing with absence, disciplinary issues and grievances when required. Control of wages and holidays in line with Company Policy
• Ensure on site contractors adhere to agreed practices to ensure health & safety and technical integrity are maintained.
• Repair or project work for self and shift Engineers to ensure all items are available to complete task within a set time frame.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records.
• Managing projects to completion, often at weekends, including managing contractors whilst on site.
• Manage weekend shutdown
• Take an active role in the daily engineering/production meetings, utilising the meeting to gather or communicate important information and recognise issues and manage to resolve.
• Support Hygiene to achieve Site Pest Control standards
• Audit work completed as required to ensure completion to a satisfactory standard.
• Actively participate in the development & implementation of the department H&S plan
• Develop and maintain Dept H&S records and audits
• Deputise for Engineering Manager in absence. Carry out other duties as may be necessary.
1. Recognised engineering qualification
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Be able to demonstrate organising competence
4. Problem solving skills.
5. Be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate and encourage others as well as self.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your most up to date CV to and I will call you to discuss in more detail