|Job Ref:||160003AH||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:05|
Supply Chain Planners - Senior #IN510 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Supply Chain Planners - Senior #IN510 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Plan and maintain daily supply chain operations for critical suppliers and customers.
• Provide guidance with chain or production, inventory, logistics, customer service, demand management, and order fulfillment.
• Monitor daily operational processes, inventory levels and targets, and ensure supply and demand within supply chain.
• Ensure internal and external customer expectations are met and eliminate potential supply chain failures.
• Establish preventative practices to eliminate and prevent supply chain problems, and work with stakeholders to implement short and mid-term tactical improvements.
• Utilize Project Management to apply techniques in complex projects.
• Apply Supply Chain Knowledge to meet end customer requirements.
• Review performance of self and others through use of structured tools using Manage Execution.
• Perform Inventory Control including Safety stock calculations, monitoring the accuracy of all inventory levels, and resolving any errors as required.
• Analyze and interpret Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify areas of improvement.
• Develop planning system strategies to improve signals across the supply chain.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial or Civil Engineering, or related field and 3 years of experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Materials or Improvement Leader, Civil Engineer or related position.
Experience to include:
• Supply Chain Operations;
• Operational Processes, Inventory Levels and Targets ;
• Preventative Practices;
• Project Management;
• Manage Execution;
• Inventory Control;
• Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) .
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN510 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .