Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||1600038Y||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:06|
Functional Excellence Managers - Supply Chain #IN511 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Functional Excellence Managers - Supply Chain #IN511 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Develop and apply detailed systems and processes to improve the overall supply chain to ensure that processes, tools, and resources are consistent and effective to improve a function's functional excellence.
• Provide functional excellence guidance relating to the design, development, and implementation of tools and processes which facilitate the achievement of functional excellence.
• Utilize knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence toolset to design and develop prototypes, operational Reports, and key performance indicators (KPI) that provide the necessary data for the Business users and leaders to analyze the performance of the supply chain and identify the indicators that drive improved results.
• Identify functional process gaps, enable the development of improvement plans, and ensure predictive supply chain processes.
• Review supply chain operational systems to identify problems resulting from a lack of process and develop and apply processes and systems relating to supply chain to organize the work.
• Coordinate and monitor the execution of the improvement projects for a given area.
• Utilize knowledge of supply chain functional excellence initiative design and implementation to monitor and improve the performance of supply chains, as well as the key functions and processes that make up an integrated supply chain.
• Utilize knowledge of change management processes, systems, and tools to manage change, including determining impact of change on process, resources, and quality and recommending action to minimize impact.
• Perform business requirements analysis based on business goals/objectives by prioritizing requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
• Assess proposed solution validation in order to determine how closely they meet business requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes.
• 15% domestic and 5% international travel required.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Logistics, or Business Administration or related field and 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Functional Excellence Specialist, Sourcing Analyst, Project Lead, or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Logistics, or Business Administration or related field and 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Functional Excellence Specialist, Sourcing Analyst, Project Lead, or related position.
Experience to include:
• Develop detailed systems and processes to improve supply chain;
• Oracle Business Intelligence toolset to design and develop prototypes, operational Reports, and key performance indicators (KPI);
• Supply chain operational systems;
• Change management processes, systems, and tools;
• Business requirements analysis;
• Business requirements solution validation.
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN511 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .